Pella has a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Kalamazoo. Whether that’s through our individual business practices or providing energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 features the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on specific climates. The styles below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Consult your Kalamazoo Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass styles or our recommendations for the Kalamazoo region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella uses it between the glass panes to give additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room when it’s cold; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Kalamazoo Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Discover more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.