Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the ambiance that guests have when coming into your Kalamazoo home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and involve a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery about a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other out dated parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major revamp.
Greet guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Kalamazoo, give them a call at 269-215-4157 or arrange an appointment online to work through all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.