The cold season is fast approaching in Kalamazoo and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often surge. There are many things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during Kalamazoo winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella West Michigan team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to solve these issues before cold weather arrives in Kalamazoo.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Kalamazoo a call at 269-215-4157 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.