Fall is coming quickly in Kalamazoo, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the best time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the feel of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Kalamazoo a call at 269-215-4157 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!